It’s been another amazing year of reviews and interviews at Top2Bottom, but it wouldn’t be year’s end without taking some time to acknowledge those authors whose books left an impression upon us over the course of the past twelve months.
Michele and I were going to do a Top 10 but when that became impossible to narrow down, we said, okay, a Top 15. When that became an impossible task, we said, you know what, to hell with limits. Let’s just do our top picks of 2011, period. Who cares how many there are? The important part is that all the books we loved make the list, right? So, here they are.
As always, these are in no particular order. It’s difficult enough to compile the lists, (between the two of us, we likely read and reviewed some 500 books. My personal count was 283, so, yeah, difficult) let alone attempt to put the books in any sort of ranking. Suffice it to say these stories were, for us, stellar, unforgettable, and yes, some squeaked in at the eleventh hour, and we’re thankful they did.
Thanks to everyone who has visited the blog this year and made what we do so incredibly worthwhile. From blog tours to giveaways to character and author interviews, it’s been a year filled with some pretty great stuff.
And a very special thanks to all the authors and publishers who have supported our efforts this year and helped to make our humble little blog such a great place to spend some time. Also, a very humble thank you to our staff of reviewers who’ve worked so tirelessly to provide us with their opinions and insights on all the books they’ve read this year…because, let’s face it, we gave them little choice.
Wishing you all an outstanding 2012, a year filled with joy, peace, many blessings, and lots more reading!
Lisa and Michele
Michele’s Top Picks for 2011 are:
1. The Bachelor by Ryan Field
2. Kindred Hearts by Rowan Speedwell
3. Blood Pond: Resurfacing by DJ Manly
4. Caregiver by Rick R Reed
5. A Young Widows Promise by Ryan Field
6. Condor Series by John Simpson
7. Nathaniel by Jan Irving
8. The Tourist by Clare London
9. Natural Instincts by SJ Frost
10. Moonlight, Tiger, and Smoke by Connie Bailey
11. Tales from Rainbow Alley Series by Jaime Samms
12. Heart Thief by Claire Thompson
13. The Strength of a Gamma by Kim Dare
14. Alphabet Soup by CB Conwy
15. City Falcon by Feliz Faber
16. KinKaid Wolf Pack Series by Jessica Lee
17. Wolves of Stone Ridge Series by Charlie Richards
18. Through Neon Eyes series by Michael Barnette
19. Four Play by Angelia Sparrow and Naomi Brooks
Lisa’s Top Picks of 2011 are:
1. Renfred’s Masquerade by Hayden Thorne
2. Junction X by Erastes
3. Counterpunch and the Dark Soul Series by Aleksandr Voinov
4. The Talker Series by Amy Lane
5. The Cut & Run Series by Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux
6. The Only Gold, Whistling in the Dark, If It Ain’t Love by Tamara Allen
7. Lord of the White Hell Series by Ginn Hale
8. A Matter of Time Series by Mary Calmes
9. The Infected Series by Andrea Speed
10. A Dangerous Man by Anne Brooke
11. Scarred, Without Sin, and Persistence of Memory by J.M. Snyder
12. The First Impressions Series by Josephine Myles
13. Love Series by RJ Scott
14. Dirty Kiss by Rhys Ford
15. Loving Luki Vasquez by Lou Sylvre
16. Bad Boyfriend (Bad in Baltimore #2) by K.A. Mitchell
17. Visible Friend by K.Z. Snow
18. Suffer the Little Children by Tracy Rowan
19. Highway Man by Eden Winters
20. Paris A to Z by Marie Sexton
21. Maroon: Donal agus Jimmy by P.D. Singer